Overview - Summer Language Program in Beijing
This nine-week program immerses students in one of the world's most dynamic cities and offers four levels of intensive Chinese language studies from first through fourth year. All four skills are emphasized in the classroom, in drill sections, and through private tutorials. Group excursions in and around Beijing, lectures by local experts, and a week-long travel break give students insight into Chinese society and lifestyle, and provide a variety of environments in which to use their language skills.
The program runs from mid-June to mid-August.
for a complete Academic Calendar.
The summer program is good preparation for further studies in China during the academic year such as Columbia in Beijing at Tsinghua University.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student in good academic standing. Graduate students and post-graduates may also apply.
- For first year level: No previous Chinese language background required
- For second year level: One year of college-level Chinese or the equivalent
- For third year level: Two years of college-level Chinese or the equivalent
- For fourth year level: Three years of college-level Chinese or the equivalent
- Minimum 3.0 average language GPA
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA